My little Mama's BoyToday my baby turned three years old, which I guess means he's not really a baby anymore. But I have a feeling Joshua will always be my baby. Joshua is seriously the sweetest little guy. He's definitely the biggest "mama's boy" of my children, and I'll confess that I love that about him. I think he'd be happy to just snuggle with me all day if he could. I'll be so sad when he outgrows that.
Joshua is growing and changing so much. He talks really well and is turning into a little smarty-pants. He loves to "read," which to him means telling you the letters in the words. The other day he came up to me and proudly announced, "Mom, I know how to spell TV! tu, tu, TV!" Silly boy. He has also definitely learned the art of the temper tantrum and is constantly honing his get-out-of-cleaning-up skills. This is not surprising considering the master teachers he has in his brother and sister.
Joshua and Amanda are turning into really good buddies. They'll play together for the longest time and come up with the funniest imagination games. Their latest favorite is playing "mommy and son." I'm honestly not sure exactly what that entails, but it keeps them occupied for quite a while!
Like Caleb (who was born on Pioneer Day), Joshua's birthday tends to get overshadowed somewhat by Halloween. Today he spent most of the day going here and there in his Halloween costume (which I finally finished this morning). He had preschool in the morning and wore his costume for that, then I knew he was going to be wearing it again later so I didn't bother washing off his "mustache," and he went around running errands with me today with his little 'stache. It made me want to laugh every time I looked at him. In the afternoon I took the kids to the local CEU campus for a trick or treating costume parade through the various buildings. The whole day was so crazy that by the time I got home I hadn't done any birthday things, so I mixed up a box of brownies and threw them in the oven. Joshua had told me he wanted a batman cake, so I cut out a batman shape and used it as a powdered sugar stencil on top of the brownies. Voila, batman brownies. About ten minutes of work and he was thrilled with it. Makes me rethink all those elaborate cakes I've made in the past.
We sang him happy birthday, he blew out the candles (with some difficulty as you can see in the following video), and opened up his present: a Spiderman skateboard. Yes, he's way too little for a skateboard, but that's all he wanted so I had to give in. Not surprisingly, about ten minutes after the skateboard came out of the box it rendered its first owie when Amanda was messing around with it and took a tumble. I imagine it will be the first of many.
Joshua is growing and changing so much. He talks really well and is turning into a little smarty-pants. He loves to "read," which to him means telling you the letters in the words. The other day he came up to me and proudly announced, "Mom, I know how to spell TV! tu, tu, TV!" Silly boy. He has also definitely learned the art of the temper tantrum and is constantly honing his get-out-of-cleaning-up skills. This is not surprising considering the master teachers he has in his brother and sister.
Joshua and Amanda are turning into really good buddies. They'll play together for the longest time and come up with the funniest imagination games. Their latest favorite is playing "mommy and son." I'm honestly not sure exactly what that entails, but it keeps them occupied for quite a while!
Like Caleb (who was born on Pioneer Day), Joshua's birthday tends to get overshadowed somewhat by Halloween. Today he spent most of the day going here and there in his Halloween costume (which I finally finished this morning). He had preschool in the morning and wore his costume for that, then I knew he was going to be wearing it again later so I didn't bother washing off his "mustache," and he went around running errands with me today with his little 'stache. It made me want to laugh every time I looked at him. In the afternoon I took the kids to the local CEU campus for a trick or treating costume parade through the various buildings. The whole day was so crazy that by the time I got home I hadn't done any birthday things, so I mixed up a box of brownies and threw them in the oven. Joshua had told me he wanted a batman cake, so I cut out a batman shape and used it as a powdered sugar stencil on top of the brownies. Voila, batman brownies. About ten minutes of work and he was thrilled with it. Makes me rethink all those elaborate cakes I've made in the past.
We sang him happy birthday, he blew out the candles (with some difficulty as you can see in the following video), and opened up his present: a Spiderman skateboard. Yes, he's way too little for a skateboard, but that's all he wanted so I had to give in. Not surprisingly, about ten minutes after the skateboard came out of the box it rendered its first owie when Amanda was messing around with it and took a tumble. I imagine it will be the first of many.
Overall, it wasn't the most exciting birthday ever, but it did the trick. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE JOSHY. WE LOVE YOU!!
The mysterious gusts of wind in this video are courtesy of Hurricane Bill.
I so cannot resist that little face.



1 comment:
I can't believe your baby is 3. Love the Batman cake (may have to steal that one from you) and love the costume you are mighty talented meg.
Post a Comment